Monday, November 23, 2009

Easy Favorite Recipes

Today, I should say late night/this morning, I thought I would share so of my favorite recipes that I know right off the top of my head. These are obviously my favorites, because I memorized them, and they are obviously easy, because I memorized them. I thought this could be useful with the holidays, parties, and the bake gifts looming. I'll start with the most popular:

Corn Dip - I have never had so many people ask for one recipe and then had those people tell me how many people asked them for the recipe and so one. I dare you to serve this and not get the same result (unless your friends are super healthy, in that case, who needs 'em?)

2 drained not rinsed cans of Mexi Corn or Corn with peppers (the picture has corn with red and green specs in it)
2 cups of Mayonnaise (like I said, loose your healthy friends or convert them with this)
2 cups of Monterrey Jack cheese (this is where people experiment with Pepper Jack, etc.)
1 cup of parmesan cheese

Mix ingredients all together. Place in a baking dish 8x8 or of comparable size (can be round). Bake in the oven on 325ish for 25ish minutes. We're going for the bubbly effect. The serve straight from the oven and serve with Fritos. I promise this one is such a crowd pleaser!


Extra Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies - it exactly what it sounds like, Tollhouse with extra sugar & vanilla. Follow the recipe on the Tollhouse chocolate chip bag (because you would be crazy to get any other kind) and replace the 3/4 granulated sugar for 1 cup, same with the brown sugar, and replace the wimpy one teaspoon of vanilla for a tablespoon. Now you have the best chocolate chip cookie dough ever! Who needs cookies? If you do though, please make sure you put you milk in the freezer for 15 minutes before you drink it.

Pepper Jelly Pecan Dip - Another one with Mayo (my family is definitely Southern)

1 cup green onions or scallions (basically one of the bunches held together by rubber band)
1 cup of crushed, food processed, diced, chopped, whatever you method, pecans
1 cup of mayo
1 cup of cheddar cheese

Mix the above mixture together, add a little extra of your favorite ingredient, spread a layer on a plate, then spread a thinner layer of pepper jelly over the mixture and serve with Ritz crackers. If you wait to serve this, please refrigerate.

Quick Teaser - Later on in the month, I will post the sweet potatoes with brown sugar/pecan crust, green bean casserole recipe, chocolate silk pie recipe, banana bread recipe (great to make for guests so always something yummy around), and wedding cookies (great for the baked gifts for teachers, mailmen, etc.). I'll also see if I can get my sister-in-law's brining technique for turkey, it was amazing last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment